Monday, December 6, 2010

What is freedom?

       I have been doing a picture book for little kids showing what freedom is. When i continue writing the book, i said hey what does freedom really mean? I want to know more and focus on it just alittle bit about the true meaning about freedom. This word sounds so powerful that it changed people's lifes. Is it a word? A meaning to people? When someone says "I'm free" does it mean that it's just one thing or two? Most people can't answer this question, but you decide the answer to see what freedom means to you like my picture book. Freedom can't be used for something like power. "I stand there waiting for the words and went it comes to me, it releases me as i heared those 4 words, "I'll give you freedom".

       In my picture book, I'm writing about a fiction story with a non-fiction word. Kids may understand it or not, but it's important to show or describe freedom so when the kids grow up they will know the true meaning. Basically my telling to those kids is "freedom is worth fighting for". My story is just about a superhero who fights zombies and tries to give people freedom. I mean imagine you could go back in to time and see what freedom was in the old times and how it affected many people like slaves, but do you think it sounds like a dangerous word? I mean it sounds like a powerful word, but most people can't handle it. Look what people accomplished, look what freedom did to us.

        I think the word freedom is a powerful changing word. I think it will help us someday. Freedom is a word that someone will give you when you deserve it like a present. It can't be destroyed by other humans, but we can use it. Free is just one thing, but the next thing you know is that it's a life changer. It means that when someone uses it, use it carefully and wisely or else you can't get it back. I might have a different "in my own words", but when you think of it, you might think it the wrong way or not. Freedom is not a play thing, but when it gets serious, i'll know its action. Just imagine, will you want freedom and get serious with it?

3 comments:

  1. Nice.This is really encouraging. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some real deep thinking. Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this because it sounds like you're very passionate about freedom and I liked how you elaborated with just the word freedom.

    ReplyDelete